292 Westminster Street
Post Date: 08/01/2018
Job ID: 1098
Industry: Food Service
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Yoleni’ s Restaurant. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Yoleni’ s Restaurant
JOB TITLE: Food Preparer
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: 8 to 12 hour shifts, hours vary (days, nights, holidays, weekends)
- Prepare, assemble, dress and complete fresh menu items by adding accompaniments, garnishes, and sauces
- Perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up ingredients, supplies, and working stations
- Check orders for accuracy
- Provide quality and timely prepared fresh menu items
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines and ensure all health laws and directions are followed
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
- Track food quality and check freshness and taste
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform daily tasks like wrapping silverware, washing dishes, moving trays, and taking out trash
- Practice and control of FIFO process for ingredients and fresh finished goods
Successful candidates will have:
- Culinary School Diploma or equivalent in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or related field, preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience as a prep cook, food prep worker, assistant chef, or related position
- Basic knowledge of ingredients and nutrition
- Basic knowledge of sanitation principles and food preparation techniques and practices
- Great attention to detail
- Working knowledge of kitchen computer software programs (e.g. Kitchen Display System)
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment
- Communication, organization, and time management skills
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Yoleni’ s Restaurant will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.