Three Flat Street
Post Date: 08/01/2018
Job ID: 1039
Industry: Building / Construction
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Herrick & White in Cumberland, RI. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers is looking to hire an entry level Draftsman in the Project Management and Engineering department. Work with the Project Manager and Lead Engineer to produce shop drawings mainly through Auto CAD.
COMPANY NAME: Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers
JOB TITLE: Draftsman
LOCATION: Cumberland, RI
SALARY: $10 to $16 per hour (Based on experience)
- Produce accurate shop drawings for architectural millwork and casework
- Assist others in the department with drafting molding sheets, CNC layers and other CAD components
- Research hardware, appliance and item spec sheets to provide accurate information on shop drawings
- Learn material take-offs, cut listing and package checking
- Research product cut sheets to assist with design
- Assist with on site visits for field dimensions
- Make and organize copies of shop drawings for submittal to GCs and Architects
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Knowledge of office processes and technology
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and a strong desire to learn the Architectural Woodworking business
- Work may require occasional weekend or evening work
- Travelling between the office, shop or field to gain practical millwork experience
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker access to work.