Three Flat Street
Post Date: 04/20/2018
Job ID: 741
Industry: Machine Operations
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Herrick & White in Cumberland, RI. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers is looking to hire a CNC Programmer to coordinate machining centers to perform a series of operations to exact tolerance and finishing specifications.
COMPANY NAME: Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers
JOB TITLE: CNC Programmer
LOCATION: Cumberland, RI
SALARY: $14 to $22 per hour (Based on experience)
- Read and create blueprints, process plans, program setup sheets, holding fixture location, diagrams, etc. to help setup and prepare CNC machines for operation
- Pull and create CNC part drawings from Shop Drawings
- Interpret part drawings to develop sequence of machining operations
- Resolve complex or unusual design problems
- Suggest design or material changes when alternate configurations appear appropriate
- Prepare and compile reference materials for CNC procedures
- Determine material and fabrication methods to be used, if not explicitly specified; calculate sizes, dimensional relationship of parts, working tolerances
- Produce G-code to run in-house CNC equipment using available software
- Make modifications to CNC Post Processor as needed
- Train operators for basic CNC operations
- Be able to turn on machine, calibrate to zero point, set height and diameter offsets, and put into safe mode in accordance with manufacturer’ s instructions
- Use safe work practices and Lock Out / Tag Out associated with setting up a CNC machine
- Contribute to the cohesion and productivity of the team through demonstrated willingness to cooperate with and assist coworkers, and communicate openly and honestly
- Computer skills highly desired; CAD/CAM a plus (Current software knowledge requirements: AutoCAD, AlphaCam, CadCode, Excel, Access)
- CNC programming background of CNC Routers and Point to Point machining centers
- Strong knowledge of mathematics including fraction/decimal conversion, and some geometry; trigonometry helpful
- Must have above-average mechanical aptitude, including previous experience operating CNC Horizontal Machining Center and the ability to read machine code
- Must be proficient with calipers, micrometers, and height gages
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent work habits, attention to detail, and concern for quality
- Experience in an Architectural Millwork shop environment is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker access to work.