Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting experienced CNC Machinists on behalf of Electric Boat, a Quonset based manufacturer who designs and builds the nuclear submarines used by our US Navy.
COMPANY NAME: General Dynamics Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Inside Machinist / CNC Machinist
LOCATION(S): North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
Electric Boat is seeking experienced CNC machinists for their Quonset facility.
Key responsibilities include:
· Set up and program editing and operation of CNC milling and turning centers
· Verification of parts and configuration using precision measuring tools
Successful candidates will have:
· High school diploma/GED
· Strong math skills
· 3+ years previous machining experience, some CNC experience (Mazak experience a plus)
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical details and assembly drawings, including GD&T, welding joint symbols and NDT requirements
· Computer literacy and proficiency in shop math and G-code and M-code program data
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.