Three Flat Street
Industry: Building / Construction
Job Number: 1037
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Herrick & White in Cumberland, RI. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers is looking to hire a candidate with knowledge, experience, and skill in many phases of shop woodworking. If hired, you will fabricate and assemble architectural grade cabinetry and millwork to specified plans, quality levels, budgets and schedules.
COMPANY NAME: Herrick & White Architectural Woodworkers
JOB TITLE: Architectural Woodworker
LOCATION: Cumberland, RI
SALARY: $15.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Work toward maintaining or improving a predetermined profit margin for each job
- Read and understand medium level shop drawings
- Complete basic layout and shop listing duties
- Design and construct basic jigs and fixtures to aid in efficient and safe manufacturing
- Produce custom woodworking in a shop setting and within a manufacturing production environment
- Supply and maintain hand tools as specified per the company tool list
- Communicate with the Senior Project Leader (SPL) to assure clarity in task
- Complete daily time logs and time studies as directed
- Update the SPL daily on all needs and requirements to complete each assignment on time and within budget
- Provide solutions and recommendations
- Periodically organize and cleanup materials and tooling around work areas to maintain maximum productivity and safety
- Ensure all safety practices and procedures are followed. Report all potential safety hazards and/or personal injuries to the SPL without delay
- Work together with other departments and co-workers
- Working knowledge of woodworking processes and techniques
- Must be detail oriented and capable of reading and understanding complex shop drawings, shop listings and material requisitions
- Must have the ability to work independently and at a good pace
- Must be capable of following oral and written instructions and effectively following through
- Knowledge of setup and operation of stationary woodworking equipment and machinery used to cut, mill, shape, and form solid lumber and substrates
- Examples of equipment to know includes joiners, planers, table saws, straight line rip saws, shapers, tenon machines, sanding machines, and various hand and hand power tools
- Must be capable of joining and gluing solid lumber into blanks and various sizes
- Must be knowledgeable in vacuum bag gluing techniques, veneering and layup of various substrates
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the employer will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker access to work.