Post Date: 06/11/2018
Job ID: 844
Industry: Customer Service / Call Center
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for CharterCare. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: CharterCare
JOB TITLE: Access Specialist
LOCATION: Roger Williams Hospital
HOURS: Full-Time, Days & Evenings
- Provide a single centralized point of patient access to physician & hospital services across all CharterCARE/Prospect disciplines.
- Facilitate patient & physician requests for patient services including direct admissions, outpatient appointments and referral navigation services.
- Schedule appointments, navigate referrals to appropriate practices (specialty and primary care), coordinate with CharterCARE Medical Associates and Prospects Coordinated Regional Care (CRC) division as well as provide any other access support services.
- Use service-oriented skills, in a fast-paced environment, to communicate effectively to our customers including patients, physicians, office staff, CharterCARE departments and others.
- Identify any special needs i.e. physical, language, or other barriers and address appropriately.
- Other functions may include: obtaining insurance/billing and hospital information, admitting services and maintaining the access centers statistics according to protocol.
- Effectively coordinate multiple appointments/procedures and referral requests with appropriate staff and resources while utilizing appropriate software.
- Maintain relevant competent knowledge of healthcare insurances, prior authorization services, and ICD coding.
- Consistently maintain established productivity requirements and maintain a 96% or greater accuracy rate.
Successful candidates will have:
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, healthcare insurances, and ancillary testing preferred.
- Experience in a high volume call center required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering excellent customer service required.
- Effective communicator and ability to display professional demeanor under pressure required.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment required.
- Bilingual skills and experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Candidate must be flexible to work mid-shift hours.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and CharterCare will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.