Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Silgan Dispensing. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Silgan Dispensing
JOB TITLE: Tool Room Utility
LOCATION: Slatersville, RI
HOURS: 2nd Shift, long term temp position
This position is responsible for assisting with mold configurations, pin changes, seal changes and preventative maintenance.
- Disassembly includes moving the molds, taking apart the plates and components and ensuring that all parts are cleaned before reassembling.
- Cleaning the parts also includes sandblasting and lubricating.
- Responsible for the cleaning of parts utilizing a solvent.
- Also responsible for following the preventative maintenance program. The program includes disassembly and cleaning of parts/molds/components.
- Cleans parts, protects from damage and stores in correct drawers.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including but not limited to sweeping and trash removal, cleaning plastic from molds and equipment cleaning.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, keeping walkways and aisles clear.
- When work in primary classification is not available, may perform other duties according to skill and availability.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read/understand safety, quality and work instructions (documents and drawings)
- Basic Mathematics
- Mechanical Ability
- Blueprint Reading
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Silgan Dispensing will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.