Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is recruiting a Small Business Resource Hub Project Director to support the growing number of initiatives for a non-profit agency.
COMPANY NAME: Company Confidential
JOB TITLE: Small Business Resource Hub Project Director
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Develop and implement informal and formal strategies to ensure Rhode Island’s small businesses are successful during their stages of development
- Manage a team to counsel and assist aspiring small business entrepreneurs and existing businesses with development of business plans, market analysis, and financial, bonding and insurance requirements; and work with appropriate resources to assist small businesses in obtaining loans.
- Coordinate and manage our Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, which provides technical support and leadership development to ensure businesses develop the necessary skills and abilities to be successful.
- Coordinate and oversee the Hub’s shared services for access by the W/MBE community; connect business owners to needed resources.
- Develop outreach efforts to build relationships between business development organizations and the small business community.
- Ensure that all materials are translated into multiple languages and accessible through multiple modalities
- Develop strategies to maintain effective programs to promote and facilitate W/MBE participation in public and private procurement activities.
- Develop and promote information on technical assistance, training, business opportunities, and bidding opportunities in the state, municipalities and private employers.
- Work closely with State agencies to provide information on certification as a minority/women-owned enterprise and/or registration as a State vendor.
- Collect and synthesize evaluation and performance metrics aligned with overall Hub’s goals; lead data collection activities and assist with data analysis to prepare required grant reports on MBE’s performance.
- Analyze MBE data and trends and make recommendations for growth and development of the program to the state, municipalities and private sector partners.
Strategies and Goals
Business Resource Hub strategy aims to facilitate the growth and development of women, veteran, disadvantaged and minority-owned businesses by supporting small businesses become long-term, qualified entities capable of competing and growing.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- Must have at least five (5) years of project management experience.
- Experience working with BIPOC communities and business formation process.
- Must understand linguistically and culturally focused programing.
- Must possess overall knowledge regarding state’s certification policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, customer service, empathy and resilience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in management, business, or related fields from an accredited four-year college or university. Advanced degree in Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
Proficient in basic computer word processing, spreadsheets, project plan software, PowerPoint, Excel.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Company Confidential will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.