Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is a nonprofit organization that identifies companies’ immediate hiring needs and connects them with qualified, unemployed, or underemployed job seekers and/or the resources necessary to fund training programs to equip job seekers with the skills to fill those positions. Launched in 2016, Skills RI places unemployed or underemployed job seekers into employment through strong partnerships with committed, local employers.
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.
- Screen all candidates for Skills Eligibility via Phone, email, or both
- Act as the first line of contact for candidates, answering questions and qualifying them for roles.
- Schedule candidates to interview with the recruiters
- Take detailed notes on each candidate’s interaction
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- Comfort with using a database, be comfortable on the phone, and work well in a high-energy environment.
- Able to take specific notes to update candidate profiles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, relationship-building skills, customer service, empathy, and resilience
- Detail-oriented with an extreme sense of urgency.
- Must possess excellent judgment to prioritize work, handle multiple projects at once, and meet objectives.
- Ability to communicate professionally across a broad range of constituent groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other current cloud-based technologies as an end-us