Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Cargill. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Cargill
JOB TITLE: General Operator
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
- Working in a repetitive and fast-paced environment to complete various processes including weighing, bagging, packing, unpacking, labeling, and boxing of meat products
- General use of a knife or other tools/machinery to process meat, including but not limited to trimming and removing fat, defects, or contamination from muscle or tissues
- Monitoring and programming machinery to ensure process efficiency
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions in a warm or cool environment, as well as slippery surfaces at varied heights
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts in a fast-paced environment
- Standing for long periods of time, the use of stairs, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas of the facility
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Prior experience operating food processing equipment
- Prior experience using a knife in a production or equivalent environment
- Prior meat processing experience
- Prior experience in an industrial repetitive or fast-paced environment
- Prior forklift experience
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Cargill will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.