Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Environmental Services Aide
LOCATION: Bradley Hospital, Miriam Hospital, Newport Hospital
HOURS: Full Time and Per-Diem, First and Evening shift
- Consistently applies the corporate values of respect, honesty and fairness and the constant pursuit of excellence in improving the health status of the people of the region through the provision of customer-friendly, geographically accessible and high-value services within the environment of a comprehensive integrated academic health system.
- Is responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with the principles of the Lifespan Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct
- Perform cleaning duties including dusting of mirrors and glass, emptying all trash containers, shinning brass, stripping floors of old wax and renewing finish, cleaning screens, radiators, drinking fountains and telephones.
- Assures towel and toilet dispensers are filled as required.
- Keep stairs and stairwells dusted and free from debris at all times.
- Moves furniture, beds and supplies as required.
- Picks up and disposes of trash in a sanitary manner.
- Washes floors as assigned including corridors, bathroom toilet areas, shower rooms, offices, lounges, bedrooms, sick rooms and as otherwise assigned.
- Sweeps and dusts gym floor as required.
- Spray and buffs floors as required.
- Assures wash tubs, sinks and toilets are properly cleaned.
- Checks for fire hazards, reports any problems, difficulties or unusual circumstances immediately to supervision.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and area in neat, orderly condition.
- Observes all hospital policies, rules and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- Requires the ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Ability to use simple tools and power equipment and follow simple instructions.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- As this position does not have an education requirement, the interview process includes a reading comprehension test
- Must be able to sit/ squat 1-3 hours per day stand and walk 3-7 hours per day lift 10-35 lbs with good body mechanics twist and bend moderately.
- Must be able to use both hands/wrists and perform work with moderate deviation and fine motor skills.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.