Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Hanna Instruments Inc. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Hanna Instruments Inc
JOB TITLE: Building Maintenance & Cleaner
LOCATION: Smithfield and Woonsocket, Rhode Island
HOURS: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday
- Restroom cleaning, vacuuming office areas, empty wastepaper baskets, dusting, cleaning kitchens, waxing and cleaning floors utilizing cleaning equipment.
- Minor plumbing repairs such as leaks in bathrooms, kitchens, clogged pipes, repair and replace faucets, and plumbing within the building.
- Minor electrical repairs such as repair or replacement of lighting fixtures, junction boxes, outlets, and wiring within the building.
- Repair holes and dents in walls and ceilings when necessary. Caulking and painting as needed.
- Completing and managing preventative maintenance with the building and on property grounds.
- Ensure common areas are kept clean and safe for employees.
- Assist with snow removal, spreading of sand/salt when necessary.
- Communicate with employees.
- Respond to emergencies when necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of building construction and systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of tools required to perform repairs and maintenance.
- Previous experience in building maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation.
- Deadline and detail-oriented, clean and organized.
- Ability to handle physical workload including being able to bend, kneel, reach, crouch, utilize ladders and be able to go on roof as needed.
- Have a passion for exceeding expectations by ensuring safe, clean and reliable workplace.
- Willingness to be part of a team and take instruction and follow directions.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Company Confidential will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.